Wednesday, February 21, 2007

37 Weeks

For those of you not accustomed to measuring a pregnancy in weeks, I have about three weeks left. 40 weeks means that technically a woman is pregnant for 10 months instead of 9 and that "extra" month is a lot of work!

Though this last month has been especially uncomfortable, I have focused a lot of energy (perhaps too much?) on completing knitting projects. I made the above pink angora scarf in a couple of days last week. Now that I am on winter break from work I have also finished the following projects.



I started this sweater some time in January and completed it on Sunday. I followed a pattern from Sally Melville's Purl, though my gauge was significantly smaller than hers recommended.


It was supposed to be a hugely oversized boxy sweater coat but since my gauge was so much smaller (intentionally so) it is just a minorly oversized boxy sweater coat that I can actually wear right now.



These felted, stackable boxes are from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I made them using yarn leftover from my bulky Thanksgiving sweater. The pattern said to double the strand of yarn but I used only a single strand because I wanted to make sure I would have enough yarn for the set.
These boxes are not very sturdy. The largest one is 6"x6" so I guess you can't put too much in it anyway.





I made this scarf following a pattern for the Airy Scarf in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
I made it a couple days ago for a friend who likes pretty, sparkly things. It's hard to tell from this picture but the scarf is both pretty and sparkly, and not to mention quite airy with its eyelet rows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home