Tuesday, February 06, 2007

35 Weeks

A sunny, yet cold afternoon.


Yes, that's right folks. I lounge after work. Look at me, lounging on the sofa, basking in the glowing sun, sipping a glass of chianti...wait a minute. I'm not lounging. I'm struggling to stay vertical, becoming slightly overheated in the sun and desiring to change out of my work clothes, watching a Friends rerun and going back to the kitchen for more snacks at commercial breaks and sipping nothing but getting thirsty for some orange juice or maybe milk. Ahhh, the pregnant life.

Oh, yeah. I'm knitting, too. I finished this square yesterday. All the dancers in the group I'm in decided to knit or crochet squares to sew together into a quilt for one of our fellow dancers. I found the following pattern in Vogue Knitting and it's called the Tree of Life.

Note to knitters: this photo was taken pre-blocking.

I'm currently knitting stackable felted boxes out of left over yarn from my Thanksgiving sweater. They may be ready for viewing next week.

In other news, I've been quite uncomfortable lately- mostly when I sit for a long time or stand for a short time. So my days are filled with a constant up and down reminiscent of Sunday services. Dancing was fun last night, and walking is generally pleasant. Yoga is relaxing, and sleeping was, until last night, mostly uninterrupted. I'm starting to think that waking up in the middle of the night is Nature's way of training me to wake up for infant care.

Baby's legs poke out my right side and it's so fun to see them bump my clothes that I forget all my discomfort and sleeplessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home