Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

Now that Christmas presents have been given and happily received, I can share some projects. Here is a picture of the cardigan I knitted for my mother. Technically it took me 13 months from start to finish, but I didn't work on it for about 10 of those months.




Here is a close-up so you can all appreciate my fine work.

This pattern is from Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman, and the pattern is called "Marnie".

Although I didn't make the following items, they are definitely worth sharing.


My mom's friend Diane knitted and felted (beautifully, I might add) this baby bottle bolster. It's just precious! Or at least good for some laughs, and definitely some bolstering. The pattern is from some magazine and I can find out which one if someone wishes to make their very own felted baby bottle bolster.

And yes, that is me with my 38" waist! I think all the Christmas goodies had only a little to do with that. I now require several pillows to sleep effectively, something that the Christmas goodies also help with.

My mother knitted David a sweater.






From the front, it's "Beau" by Kim Hargreaves, found in Vintage Knits.


From the back, it's a coolboysknit.com design by Ryan Marnell. Look closely, the skull is a ball of yarn, and the crossbones? Yep, that's right, a pair of knitting needles.





Hopefully I have given credit where credit is due, both to the designers, and of course the knitters.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger blythe said...

i love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home